Sunday, January 27, 2008

What recipe?


Okay, I love alfredo sauce....it's a bit of an obsession. Anything with butter and cream is A-OK with me. I've had a hankering for alfredo for a few days, and so I decided to whip some up on Saturday night.

I started off by roasting two red peppers, peeling the blackened skins off the peppers, slicing them into strips, and set them aside. Then I minced a few cloves of garlic and sauteed it in a tablespoon of olive oil, and added 8 oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms until they were soft. I added a tiny bit of chicken stock to deglaze the pan, and then I tossed in a ham steak that I had diced up, and half a package of frozen peas.

In a separate pan, I brought 2 cups of heavy cream and 5 tablespoons of butter to a boil, and simmered it for a few minutes to thicken. I added 6 tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese, and whisked it until the sauce was smooth, and added a dash of freshly ground nutmeg and some salt and freshly ground pepper.

I boiled a pound of penne pasta, since we didn't have any fetticini, and I mixed the vegetable mix with the alfredo sauce, tossed on the red peppers, and added a bit more parmesan cheese.

Not exactly a healthy meal, but no one has accused me of being a health nut foodie. It was quite tasty, and hit the spot.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Sounds delish, and your photo looks professional!