Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Howliday rush is over!



::::PHEW::::

I made a ridiculous number of cookies for the holiday season, so ridiculous that I can't even add that high. We shipped out about 70 boxes of cookies yesterday, and about 30-40 last week. I have been a busy, busy, busy baker. We popped open a bottle of sparkling wine last night to celebrate, and ordered a pizza! Nothing better than pizza and champagne!

The house is wrecked, the dogs are bored, I've hardly done any Christmas shopping, and we are leaving on a 1000+ mile road trip on Friday. And I haven't packed!

So, lots to do.

B and I have agreed to temporarily shut down The Hound & Country and restructure. We have been running at a 100 miles an hour, just trying to keep our heads above water, and we need to go back and organize ourselves. I need to work on ideas like a natural preservative, and finally tackle the white frosting problem.

B and the dogs are glad to have me back. I've been in a cloud of wheat flour for a month!

No comments: