Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Feeling slightly better today :-l


Last night we got Indian takeout from a local restaurant, and I spent the rest of the evening cleaning up the dog cookie fallout in the living room, and wrapping presents to mail to my brothers and aunts. I had a hard time deciding what to get them, as I usually bake cookies or some other sweet/savory treat, but I've had a lot of baking to do this year already, and I wanted to give a healthier alternative.

This year we decided to go with dried pasta and some locally made tomato sauce. We've had this pasta before (www.pappardellespasta.com) and it's really good. We tried out a bottle of the tomato sauce, and it's decent (but in my opinion not as good as B's homemade ragu). It is no secret that I love pasta, I basically lived on pasta before B expanded my foodie world. This pasta place is pretty cool, they have tons and tons of different flavors, and it's really difficult to not get carried away and buy 10 pounds of pasta.

www.pappardellespasta.com

I feel slightly guilty, as I have all kinds of pasta attachments for my overworked Kitchenaid mixer, and I have yet to take them on their maiden voyage. I've just been too busy with the business! And I must admit, making pasta seems slightly intimidating. Maybe I will make a new years resolution to make fresh pasta.

No comments: